I'm so excited to present to you the second edition of Tattoo Tuesday! This week I'm featuring my new BFF*: a tell-it-like-it-is, wine drinking, sarcastic, no bullshit-er. The kind of person that everyone needs in their life.
I love seeing moms, and parents in general, with tattoos. I know, as an intelligent, open minded and non judgmental person, that parenting skills and abilities have ZERO to do with something as superficial as how many tattoos a person has. Unfortunately, there are still many MANY close-mined people who don't agree. I'm always on a personal mission, being a tattooed mom myself, to shatter that stereotype. Tanya has tons of tattoos and is, obviously, an awesome mom. Scroll on to read all about her!
Occupation: SAHM & Co-owner of Apache Tattoo
Age of first tattoo: 18
Favorite tattoo: My favorite tattoo is also my most recent tattoo: which is the top of my hand. It's a lace/henna inspired delicate and girly piece.
Artist/shop/location of favorite tattoo: I am biased and have to recommend my own shop! Apache Tattoo in Chandler, AZ.
1) Tell us about your favorite tattoo - why did you chose it? Does it have a special meaning? I chose this tattoo because I wanted it to be something in black only and I wanted it to be drawn so it was pretty and feminine--not something that would make my hand look manly.
2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where? I have too many tattoos to count, all over my body :)
3) Do you plan on getting more? If there is still bare skin, I'm getting more!
4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoos? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? My parents initially hated my tattoos. My mom, specifically, would request that I always have them covered in her presence. She has since warmed up to the idea and now has two of her own! I have been fairly lucky and have never really gotten too much negativity from them, thankfully.
5) What's the most interesting experience you've ever had in regards to your tattoos? The most interesting experience I had getting tattooed was when I got my chest tattooed at a busy convention in front of lots of passers-by. The artist was a dear friend who has since passed away, so they're extra special to me.
6) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed buy haven't gotten one yet? Do your research. Plan your "real estate", aka skin, wisely. Make sure you are comfortable with your artist and shop, and think about your future career goals that might be limited by your choice.
(*Disclaimer: She doesn't actually KNOW we're BFFs yet. But come on! How cool is she?! #ImACreeper )